Barron Electric members who have a mobile phone equipped for sending and receiving text messages and have that phone number listed on their Barron Electric account can utilize outage texting. Members will receive automated responses to confirm the outage has been received, and another text when power is restored.
Members can contact the Billing Department at 800-322-1008 to update their mobile number or click below:
Follow the steps to complete your registration, which will redirect you to another web page. Steps include the following:
- Enter e-mail and create password. Click register.
- Accept Terms of Agreement.
- Enter cell phone number. Click send verification code.
- Enter verification code from cell phone. Click verify. Note if cell phone number is not listed on your Barron Electric account, please wait 24-48 hours to complete registration.
- If multiple accounts, select account number to be included in outage texting.
- If no keywords are found, please wait 24-48 hours to complete registration.
- Once information is entered correctly, you will receive a message that states, "You're all set! Text outage to 55050 to report your outage."
To Report an Emergency or Outage Immediately:
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call 911. If there is other information related to your outage that would be important, please call our outage number at 866-258-8722.